Visa and Consular Affairs
As of 1 August, 2017, the Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi, India will be representing Estonia in matters relating to the issue of visas. The Swedish Embassy which is also accredited to Kathmandu will handle those visa applications through the external service provider VFS Global in Kathmandu.
Applications for a visa to Estonia, is received by VFS Global office in Kathmandu. Nepalese can apply and receive visas from VFS Global located in Patan, Nepal without the need to go to India. The visas will be delivered at the VFS Global within a month’s time.
We suggest interested travellers to contact VFS Global office in Nepal for Estonian short term visa (Schengen visa) applications for up to 90 days (C-visa type) and Swedish Embassy in Delhi directly for Temporary Residency Permit applications or other long term visas such as D-type long stay visa applications (for a stay up to one year).
VFS Global office
Academy of Culinary Arts,Ground Floor,
Lagankhel, Lalitpur, Nepal
Phone: + 18000910117, + 977 9824903639, +91-44-66598050
Helpline timings: 08:00-16:00 Hours ( Monday-Friday)
Embassy of Sweden
4-5 Nyaya Marg
New Delhi 110 021
Phone: +91 11 4419 7100
Fax: +91 11 4419 7101
HOWEVER, ESTONIAN CONSULATE offers VISA INFORMATION TO TOURISTS, ENTREPRENEURS, BUSINESS DELEGATES and STUDENTS!!!
Legalization and Recommendations
The Consulate of the Republic of Estonia can however assist Nepalese applying for Estonian visa with recommendation letters and legalization or attestation services of certificates and documents related with Birth, Marriage or Education.
1.The Consulate of the Republic of Estonia offers the following services to Estonian nationals who are visiting, staying or traveling as tourists to Nepal
- Free Travel Info and Advice for Estonian Tourists
- Legalization of Documents
- Consular Recommendations
- Emergence and Rescue services to persons in distress such as accidents, illness, criminal offence or other circumstances
- Provide for essential expenses in times of unmet needs such as medical, robbery, theft
- Air ticket confirmation
- Credit Card problems
Note: Consular Assistance is meant only for persons staying temporarily in consular district (as a tourist or on business)
2. Issuance of certificates, delivery of Estonian passports, provision of translation services and forwarding of documents.
3. Registration of Estonian citizens as well as tourists.
The Consulate will allow for the registration of Estonian Citizens at the request of an Estonian Citizen staying in the consular district (Nepal), residing, studying or traveling in the Consular district. This is done on a voluntary basis.
Please download the Registration Form here Click here to Download Form
4. Volunteers and Humanitarian Assistance
The Consulate also assists Estonian citizens who are interested or have intention to provide volunteering assistance or humanitarian help in Nepal.
5. Other Consular Services offered by the Estonian Consulate
- Delivery and ordering documents, Issues of Certificates, Issue of Certificate of return to and permit of return to Estonia
- Assistance in events of accident or illness or any other natural disaster or catastrophe
- Assistance in ‘lost passport’ cases
- Financial Assistance for ‘persons in distress’
- Consular Assistance to the citizens of EU (only in cases where there is no representation of the country of his or her citizenship)
- Consular protection and cooperation to the citizens of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
State fee rates as of January 1, 2013
Issuing a certificate
60 EUR per page
Ordering of documents
Forwarding of documents